Television Shows

Posted by Admin. Category: , ,

Television Shows

Reading Text

My mother was telling me about how she and her family got their first television when she was a teenager. Of course it was black and white. She said she only watched it at night. She doesn't remember ever watching it in the morning or afternoon. When I was young we had only about 3 or 4 different channels. I think they were channel 3, 4, 6, and 9. My bothers and sisters and I would sometimes fight about which channel to watch. But we usually enjoyed the same shows.
Nowadays we can get hundreds of channels on TV. I can't believe it! There are channels with only old movies, and channels with only cooking, and channels with only fishing. It's amazing! There is a channel for everything. I wonder how much my brothers and sisters and I would fight if we had hundreds of channels when I was a child. Of course we had only one television set. These days I notice families with 2 or 3 or more television sets in their homes. I guess it stops people from arguing over which channel to choose from.

Vovabulary

bullet Current Events/ News- serious shows about things that are happening today or lately
bullet
Sitcoms- comes from the words "situation comedy." Funny shows
bullet
Sports- I think you know this
bullet
Mystery Shows- shows about trying to find an answer to something we don't know
bullet
Talk Shows- shows with two or more people talking about a certain subject
bullet
Nature Shows- shows about animals or the earth
bullet
Police/ Courtroom Dramas- shows about the police or what happens in a courtroom

Check Your Understanding

Read what the people are saying. What kind of show do you think it is? 1. "He catches the ball and he runs..."

2. "Today our guest is Julia Roberts. She will introduce us to her latest movie."

3. "The tiger slowly moves through the grass..."

4. "Who killed the old lady? Was it the neighbor or the nurse?"

5. "Ha ha ha ha ha..."


◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►